If you want to renovate your bathroom, extend the kitchen, or build a new house from the ground up, here are some tips on how to start.
If you want to build a house now, you can. There are low-interest rates, and that means you can afford more than last year.
You can pay for a new house by taking out a building loan. The bank pays back the money over time instead of giving you all of it at once. You might want to do this if you are not sure how much money you will have leftover after buying your new house.
Follow us on Twitter
To apply for a building loan, BetterBond suggests you prepare and tick off the following document checklist:
- How much money do you need? If you work for a company, they will tell you.
- Three months of bank statements to show how much money you have and what you spend it on.
- This is how you can tell people about your building. Include the plan and what it will look like when the building is done.
- A schedule of finishes is a list of what materials will be in the house.
- The National Home Builders’ Registration Council is a group of people that deals with builders. It would be good if your builder was registered with them.
- Your building contract tells you what work will be done and how much it will cost.
- A building quote is an estimate of the cost for someone to build a house.
- If you want to sell your house, your builder might be able to release their lien on the property. This means that if there is a dispute over unpaid costs, they will not take back the property.
Now that you have all your documents ready, the building loan company will submit your building loan to the banks.
Also, Read County On Slow Path To Economic Recovery